Getting sick or feeling weak on a regular basis might make us want some support and get rid of the feeling. Frequently catching a cold or suffering from common allergies and flu like symptoms require internal resistance in our bodies, also known as immunity, to fight harmful microbes and antigens. This is where the role of immunity or our immune system is crucial. Let’s get a generalized view of immunity and discuss ways to strengthen it.
Our immune system protects us from various infections to maintain our overall health. This system is made up of a highly complex network, including tissues, cells and various organs to limit the entry of microbes into our body and prevent their growth at the site of infection. This network of protective cells is also known as white blood cells or leukocytes, which take action against disease causing elements. In other words, immune system is the body’s defense mechanism that stops potentially damaging microbes and other pathogens such as fungi, viruses and parasites to enter. It is the body’s natural ability to neutralize any unwanted foreign invaders.
Oftentimes, our immunity or immune system is unable to defend our body from intruders and perform its function because it gets weakened due to numerous factors such as a poor diet, stress, or any kind of illness. If someone is falling sick repeatedly or suffering from any kind of allergy even after taking all precautions, he or she may have a weak immune system.
CAUSES OF LOW IMMUNITY
The immune system is greatly influenced by day to day activities and our state of well being but nutrition deficiency is the major cause of low immunity. The main causes of poor immunity are:
- Poor sleep cycle or sleep deficiency
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Poor nutrition and excessive intake of unhealthy food
- Drinking alcoholic beverages in excess
- Not eating immunity boosting food and supplements
- Anxiety and stress especially for a prolonged period. Stress causes the release of cortisol or “the stress hormone” throughout the body which has many ill effects.
What is an autoimmune disease or disorder?
Our body has an internal self defense mechanism known as immune system, which is a complex network of special cells and organs that defends the body from germs and other foreign invaders; it is the natural ability of the system to differentiate between the body itself and foreign microorganisms and to make antibodies against any kind of infection. If this natural ability fails to perform its normal function or gets misguided signals, it starts attacking our own body and destroys healthy tissues and cells, instead of defending it. This complex phenomenon is called autoimmune disease or disorder. Some examples of prevalent autoimmune diseases are Systemic lupus erythematosus, Crohn’s disease, Vitiligo, Rheumatoid arthritis, Type-1 diabetes etc. Weak immune system, genetic factors and environmental stimuli play an important role in the development of autoimmune diseases.
HOW TO BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY ?
When our immune system doesn’t work well, we start feeling depressed due to constantly fighting infections. There are certain steps that we can undertake to reverse this situation and restore our health:
- Start your day by performing relaxation exercises with deep breathing techniques.
- Watch whatever you eat and try to eat correctly.
- If we are getting all the essential nutrients to run our immune system at an optimum level, we don’t need any tailored diet. The best approach to strengthen a weakened immune system is simply to add a variety of fruits, whole grains, beans, vegetables, nuts, plant proteins or lean proteins.
- It is important to consume nutrient dense food such as citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, tomatoes, papaya, mandarins, etc. as they are a rich source of Vitamin C which helps combat any infection.
- Control your habits of drinking and smoking too much as these are direct toxins that can affect your immunity and other organs.
- Limit the amount of sugar consumed and opt for natural sugar substitutes like honey, Stevia or jiggery rather than granulated table sugar.
- Increase daily water intake to at least 6 or 8 glasses of water. This good habit will flush out all the body toxins.
- Avoid processed foods as they are laced with additives and synthetic chemicals.
- Use herbal medicinal products instead of allopathic medications as much as possible. Using allopathic medication puts an unnecessary burden on our body and can be harmful for our immune system.
- Boost your stamina by working out or just by simply going for a long walk, swimming, yoga, zumba or tai chi etc. and make it a part of your daily routine. Exercise also helps us to lower stress which in turn reduces cortisol levels.
- Take 5 or 10 minutes break if you are continuously involved in a task requiring concentration and causing mental stress for a long time.
- Guard yourself from any kind of infections or germs and take extra precautions.
- Don’t forget to meet your family and friends on a regular basis as they are the great stress busters.
- Indulge in meditation and yoga on a daily basis since both help to calm down a preoccupied and tired mind.
MEDITATION ON IMMUNITY
Indulging in a few minutes of meditation to relax an agitated mind will help in a number of ways for example: it will lessen depression and anxiety, enhance your mood, tranquilize the nervous system and most importantly boost the immune system. Various studies reveal that there is some molecular or intrinsic mechanism which works to control our disturbed immunity, so the effect of meditation is more than just for mere relaxation. Meditation also promotes happy hormones, which assist in strengthening immunity, enhances emotional well being and reduces the chance of infection. Through meditation or other relaxation techniques our immune system settles down easily.
YOGA AND IMMUNITY
To foster a healthy body and boost the immune system, one should definitely practice some gentle “asanas” of yoga. It is an effective way to support immune system, promote healing, scavenge free radicals, pump up muscles, bring down stress hormones, prevent a wide range of illness and provide internal strength to fight any disease such as common cold infections and other chronic ailments, including diabetes, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, arthritis and heart disease. At the same time, it improves our circulatory system which is directly linked to immunity. Moreover, yoga makes our body flexible and strong.
At any given moment there are dozens of viruses that can easily invade our body and make us prone to common ailments (cough, headache, running nose, stomach aches, etc.) and weaken our immune system. Ayurvedic supplements enable our body to fight these ailments and strengthen our immune system naturally. In our hectic lives, Preserva Immunoblast Juice and Capsules help to maintain and restore general immunity and fight viruses that we encounter in our day to day life and helps in treating unbearable chronic ailments related to the immune system at the grass root or basic level.
Why Preserva Immunoblast Juice?
Preserva Immunoblast Juice is designed to enable your body to self heal and strengthen your immune system. It cures as well as relaxes the whole body and is filled with countless health benefits of Curcumin (Turmeric), Aloe Vera, Mulberry and Apples, offering support to the immune system with its unique formulation. It provides a natural source of anti-oxidants to strengthen the immune system and is a powerful anti-inflammatory as well. Each serving contains all the vitamins and flavonoids that are vital for the entire body, selected from farms, carefully manufactured and processed in a natural way by using cold press technique to retain all its natural active constituents. Aloe Vera heals and soothes the body, apple and mulberry provide the required immunity boosting vitamins and minerals and curcumin juice from turmeric protects and acts as an anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory agent. Preserva Immunoblast Juice is a 100% pure juice with a wonderful blend of herbs in a standardized form which helps reduce the incidence of disease, increases immunity especially in children, reduces bacterial and fungal infection, reduces inflammation, supports digestion, heart health, brain functions and most importantly protects from cancer.
Why Preserva Immunoblast Capsules?
Immunoblast capsules are a pure formulation of turmeric and its extract, Curcumin, which provides targeted, complete and long lasting internal strength to combat any kind of illness and low immunity.
Turmeric has been regarded for centuries as a very well known home remedy for many diseases. It has bio-active compounds called curcuminoids, with versatile medical benefits to fight inflammation and restore normal health. It has been used in Ayurveda and in India as a medical herb and spice since centuries. It improves the functions of blood vessels and reduces oxidative damage. Preserva Immunoblast Capsules are 100% pure with standardized curcumin to provide the highest potency per serving. Manufactured under strict GMP guidelines to assure purity and quality, it is formulated to boost the immune system, joint mobility, joint and muscle pain, reduce infection and inflammation and to improve overall health including protection from cancer and heart related ailments.
Now that we know all about our immune system it is in our hands to strengthen it and ensure it is working correctly. All we need is to be a little disciplined, aware of our food choices and to strictly stay away from the things that are damaging and harmful for the immune system.