From beverage to health and beauty products, Aloe Vera has gained booming popularity and has become a staple ingredient in most of our everyday commodities. Aloe Barbadensis or commonly known as the Aloe Vera plant is a succulent plant species from the genus Aloe. This thick, shrubby, short-pointy plant with leaves for water storage is native to North Africa, Southern Europe, and the Arabian Peninsula. The wondrous benefits of Aloe Vera plant have gained quite the fame in the modern world and are now grown and cultivated in tropical climates throughout the world.
Aloe Vera has its long history in the world of medicine dating back as early as the ancient Egyptian civilization. Known as Ghritkumari in Hindi, the Aloe Vera plant has also been part of traditional Ayurvedic medicines and tonics because of its numerous health benefitting properties for centuries. It is said to have a cooling effect that balances disturbance of the pitta (heat) dosha. The plant’s soothing effect and bitter taste are believed to aid liver and intestinal disorders according to traditional Chinese medicine as well.
What is Aloe Vera Juice?
Aloe Vera Juice is made from the crushing and grinding of the thick, gooey liquid extract of the plant’s leaf, which is then purified and filtered into a liquid form; ready for direct consumption. The juice has a mild and tolerable flavour that can be easily mixed with shakes or smoothies to suit one’s taste and needs. Aloe Vera juice is also used as a topical treatment for sunburn and in improving skin and hair quality by applying on the face and hair.
The many health benefits of Aloe Vera Juice range from skin injury treatments to potentially slowing down the spread of breast of cancer. Additionally, drinking pure, uncoloured, low anthraquinone aloe vera juice packs the most benefits compared to chemically altered aloe juice.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Apart from its topical use on skin and hair, consuming aloe vera juice too has multiple benefits. Here are 7 reasons why you should include Aloe Vera Juice in your daily diet:
1. Soothes Heartburn: Heartburn, commonly known as Acid reflux is a painful and uncomfortable condition involving acid leaving the stomach and travelling up the oesophagus. Drinking Aloe Vera Juice is known to soothe and relief heartburn attacks. The compounds present in Aloe Vera Juice help control secretion of acid in the stomach. The effects have also been known to block gastric ulcers and prevent their growth.
With this in mind, Preserva’s Diagemax Juice features none other than Aloe Vera along with other beneficial natural ingredients such as Guava, Curcumin & Gooseberry in it. It is ideal for people with complications regarding digestion or medical problems like ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease.
2. Relieves Constipation: Aloe Vera juice is believed to fight and cure a range of digestive disorders including poor digestion, constipation, acidity and gas. Several compounds such as aloin, barbaloin, and anthraquinones present in Aloe Vera have natural laxative effects ideal for people with periodic constipation. A cup of Aloe Vera Juice is known to be effective in treating constipation.
Preserva’s Celiacgold Juice aids with general constipation or constipation due to conventional medicines, and chronic diseases like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). It also stands true to its name as it is an excellent supplement in controlling any complications regarding Celiac Disease.
3. Provides Hydration: Not only does it prevent or treat dehydration, but Aloe Vera Juice is also low in calorie and loaded with essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin, B, C, E, B12 and folic acid. It is important to stay hydrated to maintain the body’s detoxifying function. Aloe Vera Juice is an ideal alternative option to other sugary fruit drinks for hydration. The juice also packs a hefty punch of nutrients that optimize the body’s organ output.
4. Improves Skin Quality: Aloe Vera Juice helps in keeping the skin hydrated and moisturized. It also improves skin integrity and reduces the recurrent appearance of acne. The rich antioxidants and vitamins presence in Aloe Vera helps protect the skin and reduce skin conditions like dermatitis and psoriasis. The vital compounds present in aloe Vera also helps in neutralizing the effects of UV radiation, repair the skin from existing UV damage, and help prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
Oxyrich Juice by Preserva Wellness is the perfect supplement for all skin related issues. It contains an infusion of Aloe Vera with Himalayan Berry & Curcumin, all rich in vitamins and nutrients for healthy glowing skin. It is ideal for treating acne, pimples and other health-related issues including PCOD.
5. Provides Vitamin C: Fortified Aloe Vera Juice is an excellent source of Vitamin C, a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, crucial for overall health. Vitamin C in Aloe Vera Juice may help in lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease to improving immune system function. It is vital to get enough Vitamin C as it improves the body’s ability to absorb iron from plant-based foods.
Boost your immunity the natural way with our Immunoblast Juice which contains all the benefits of Aloe Vera, Curcumin, Apple and Mulberry. This tasty and nutritious blend is appropriate for all ages and is excellent for individuals and kids with weak immunity.
6. Reduces Gum Inflammation: The antimicrobial and antibacterial properties present in Aloe Vera Juice helps in reducing gum inflammation. Studies have shown that 100% pure Aloe Vera Juice is just as effective as standard mouthwash with chlorhexidine in reducing dental plaque. The juice is effective in exterminating Streptococcus Mutans, a plague-producing bacterium in the mouth as well as the yeast Candida Albicans.
7. Soothes Dry Eyes: Aloe Vera is anti-microbial and can prevent eye infections such as conjunctivitis. Due to its rich vitamins and other nutrients content, Aloe Vera maintains the vision and promotes the growth of eyelashes. It reduces inflammation in the eyes and protects them from the harmful effects of UV rays and artificial light.
The amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera are well incorporated in our Visiongold Juice as it contains a blend of Aloe Vera with Triphala, Carrot and Curcumin in it. The juice packs all the nutritious benefits ideal for managing and improving eye health and other health issues.
Things to Keep in Mind:
One should be aware of the type of Aloe Vera juice they take as non-decolourized and unpurified Aloe Vera juice with high anthraquinone content can cause unpleasant side effects, including diarrhoea and cramping. Aloe Vera benefits the most when it is used with the pulp and is not strained. Adding other beneficial ingredients like Triphala, Curcumin, Mulberry, Hibiscus, Ginger, Noni etc. can enhance the qualities of Aloe Vera and increase its efficacy on the body.