Acidity is a gastric disorder that occurs due to excessive production of acid by gastric glands. Overproduction of acid can lead to a burning sensation in the stomach along with sour taste in the mouth and an uncomfortable heaviness. It can occur in any person and the symptoms following acidity are dry mouth, mild stomach pain, black stool, nausea, vomiting, burping and bad breath. Prolonged acidity can cause other health problems like peptic ulcers, gastric inflammation and constipation.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat fresh vegetables and lots of juicy fruits.
- Exercise more as it relieves gas
- Chew food properly to ensure good digestion
- Do not drink a lot of caffeine or tea
- Do not eat junk food or spicy foods
- Do not lie down or sit back immediately after meals
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol
- Do not overeat, our body requires less food than we think
- Do not skip meals as it can cause build-up of gastric juice