Bronchitis is a disorder characterised by irritable episodes of cough. It is caused due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes. Bronchial tubes are the tubes that transport air to the lungs. The inflamed and irritated membranes secrete mucous which further clogs the pathway, making breathing even more difficult. It also gives rise to cough and chest tightness. The symptoms of bronchitis are quite similar to those of asthma, allergies, influenza and common cold. Thus, proper diagnosis by a good doctor is required.
There are two types of bronchitis i.e. Acute bronchitis and Chronic bronchitis. The symptoms of acute bronchitis last for around a few weeks. Chronic bronchitis is one that persists for longer durations and keeps coming back. Viral infection is the cause of acute bronchitis.
Symptoms of Bronchitis
|Nasal congestion||Sore throat and chest pain|
|Cough||Shortness of Breath|
|Mild Fever||Body ache|
- Rest as much as possible and do not exert
- Eat healthy food
- Drink proper amount of fluids
- Wear a mask while leaving the house
- Keep the surroundings clean and dust free
- Do not smoke. Smoking can worsen the situation
- Do not inhale smoke, polluted air or dust which might cause irritation to the lungs
- Do not consume dairy products as these can lead to mucous formation