Dengue is a viral disease caused by a mosquito bite. Dengue fever is also known as break-bone fever due to the high intensity of fever and body pain that it causes. It is basically a mosquito-borne disease caused by dengue virus. It is spread by the species of aedes mosquito.
There are four different types of this virus that are known to affect the human body. It is a non-contagious disease and it doesn’t spread from person to person.
Aedes mosquitoes breed in small openings, flower pots, open water pots and stagnant water near human dwellings. These mosquitoes generally attack humans during the day.
Dengue symptoms begin after 10-15 days of the mosquito- bite. The disease last from 3 to 10 days depending on the medication process.
Symptoms of Dengue
|Loss of appetite
|Bleeding from nose or gums
|Nausea and vomiting
- Keep the patient hydrated
- Wear long sleeved clothing
- Use mosquito repellent regularly
- Use natural foods like papaya leaf and giloy which brings down the body temperature and treats dengue fever
- Get the patient diagnosed as soon as possible
- Eat healthy homemade food
- Use mosquito repellents. Do not use repellents on babies of or under the age of 2 months.
- Do not take medications without consulting any medical practitioner.
- Do not let the water be collected around your surroundings as it can become a breeding ground for mosquitoes.