Stomach infection is the bacterial infection caused in the gut. It creates inflammation in the stomach and intestines. It is also known as bacterial gastroenteritis or food poisoning. Improper food hygiene is the cause of stomach infection. It can happen due to close contact with animals or germs. Body loses minerals like sodium and potassium while suffering from this infection. It also causes dehydration in the body. It is caused due to contact with someone who has gastroenteritis, unwashed hands or consuming contaminated food or water. It can happen to anybody and can affect the body in various ways.
The signs of stomach infection are:
1. Loss of hunger
2. Stomach pain
3. Loose motions
6. Blood in stool in severe cases
- Drink fluids in small amounts regularly
- Maintain the hygiene and cleanliness of the house especially kitchen
- Wash your hands properly after using the toilet and before eating food
- Eat foods like banana to increase the quantity of potassium in the body
- In case of too much dehydration, go to the hospital immediately
- Consume excessively salty foods as it increases dehydration
- Do not take any medications without consulting your doctor
- Do not eat dairy products or food that cannot be digested easily such as beans, fatty or fried food, spicy food with garlic or chilli, food high in fibre, caffeine etc.